- 130 gr. of long pasta
- 2 liters of water
- 2.5 gr. of salt
- ½ small onion cut into thick rings
- 80 gr of panceta, could replace it with bacon
- 1 whole eggs, 1 yolk
- 40 gr of Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino cheese
- 1 clove garlic extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
When you finish preparing the recipe, do not let it take too long before you eat it, since it loses creaminess and when it reheats it becomes lumpy !!!
- Cook the pasta in plenty of water when boiling, before adding the pasta add salt to the water.
- Keep the fire high so that the water is always boiling. Moving the pasta once or twice is enough. The cooking should be until the pasta is well al dente. Before brewing, reserve one cup of cooking water.
- Strain the pasta.
- In a bowl mix the whole egg and yolk with the cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a frying pan sauté with olive oil the onion cut into slices and the panceta or bacon cut into small cubes at mid fire. After about 3 minutes add 1/2 cup of water of the pasta cooking and stir.
- Remove the onion rings.
- Add the pasta into the pan and sauté, before the liquid is reduced, remove the pan from the fire and join the pasta with panceta or bacon to the bowl of the beaten eggs, return the pasta with the egg to the pan, mix vigorously until achieving form the creamy appearance that covers the pasta evenly.