- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup carnaroli rice for risotto
- 1 lt. chicken broth or meat
- 1 tbsp. of saffron threads
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 2 yolks
Can be accompanied with Neapolitan sauce.
- In a saucepan place the olive oil, let it heat, add the finely chopped onion. Cook over low heat for a few minutes, until the onion is transparent.
- Add the rice and remove to cover the best posible of olive oil, and keep stirring for two or three minutes. Add the broth little by little and remove so that the rice absorbs it. Add just enough to cover the rice and let it consume over low heat, stirring about two or three times; When it is almost consumed, add again the same amount, and, the saffron threads, mix until all the rice is colored. Continue to add liquid until the rice is tender and dry.
- Once the rice is tender but firm, rectify the point of salt, add the butter, let cook a few more minutes.
- For the next steps, ideally, the rice should rest for 12 to 20 hours. Spread rice in a tray and let cool.
- Prepare the stuffing in a bowl mixing the grated pecorino, chopped peperonni and the finely chopped parsley. Mix all the ingredients well and knead until the stuffing is compacted. Make spheres with the stuffing, wrap in film paper and freeze. Preferably do this step 5 hours earlier.
- In another bowl mix the rice with the yolk.
- We begin to form the arancini taking a portion of rice, spread it in the hand as a bowl. In the hollow of the palm we place the sphere of stuffing.
- Cover the stuffing with the surplus rice around it and forming a ball compacting it well and taking care that the stuffing is not visible. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Prepare the ingredients of the breaded in 2 bowls: one with beaten eggs and the other with breadcrumbs. Pass the arancini for egg and then for breadcrumbs. They are placed on a tray until you have them ready.
- In a high-frying pan, heat oil. When is hot enough add the arancini to the frying oil. When golden brown, remove to a tray with absorbent paper.